When I input the employee's details: first name, last name, annual salary(positive integer) and super rate(0% - 50% inclusive), payment start date, the program should generate payslip information with name, pay period, gross income, income tax, net income and super.
The calculation details will be the following:
- pay period = per calendar month
- gross income = annual salary / 12 months
- income tax = based on the tax table provide below
- net income = gross income - income tax
- super = gross income x super rate
Notes: All calculation results should be rounded to the whole dollar. If >= 50 cents round up to the next dollar increment, otherwise round down.
The following rates for 2012-13 apply from 1 July 2012.
Taxable income Tax on this income
0 - $18,200 Nil
$18,201 - $37,000 19c for each $1 over $18,200
$37,001 - $80,000 $3,572 plus 32.5c for each $1 over $37,000
$80,001 - $180,000 $17,547 plus 37c for each $1 over $80,000
$180,001 and over $54,547 plus 45c for each $1 over $180,000
The tax table is from ATO: https://www.ato.gov.au/rates/individual-income-tax-rates/
Example Data Employee annual salary is 60,050, super rate is 9%, how much will this employee be paid for the month of March ?
- pay period = Month of March (01 March to 31 March)
- gross income = 60,050 / 12 = 5,004.16666667 (round down) = 5,004
- income tax = (3,572 + (60,050 - 37,000) x 0.325) / 12 = 921.9375 (round up) = 922
- net income = 5,004 - 922 = 4,082
- super = 5,004 x 9% = 450.36 (round down) = 450
Here is the csv input and output format we provide. (But feel free to use any format you want)
Input (first name, last name, annual salary, super rate (%), payment start date):
David,Rudd,60050,9%,01 March – 31 March
Ryan,Chen,120000,10%,01 March – 31 March
Output (name, pay period, gross income, income tax, net income, super):
David Rudd,01 March – 31 March,5004,922,4082,450
Ryan Chen,01 March – 31 March,10000,2696,7304,1000