Codeigniter PHP framework library class for dealing with user authentication.
- Passwords stored as SHA-256 of password + separate hash key = password hash.
- Current logged in status stored in session as SHA-256 of id + email + password hash + separate hash key = session hash. Ability to validate session by checking session hash on each page load.
- Remember me cookie is using cookie tokens stored inside database. Remember me cookie is being regenerated on each remember me cookie login.
- Registration supports both direct and activate token based registration.
Please note that following steps assume that you have correctly configured Codeigniter on your server.
- Place auth.php inside application/config.
- Place Auth.php inside application/libraries.
- Create installation controller that calls install() method provided by this library to create all of the required database tables.
- Create your login and register controllers.
- Adjust application/config/session.php with your