SocialGoal is a social networking web app for socializing your goals and strategies with people. The primary objective of the SocialGoal app is to provide a learning app for building real-world web apps with ASP.NET MVC 5 and EF 6 Code First. The application architecture is inspired from EFMVC. SocialGoal is developed by Marlabs.
- ASP.NET MVC 5
- EF 6 Code First
- Twitter Bootstrap
Patterns & Practices
- Domain Driven Design (DDD)
- Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Repository Pattern & Generic Repository
- Unit of Work
- Dependency Injection
Running the Application
- Open the solution in Visual Studio 2013. Build the solution to install Nuget packages.(This will automatically restore Nuget packages. Please ensure you have Nuget version 2.7 or higher)
- Open the web.config and change the connecting string "SocialGoalEntities" for working with your system.
- Run the application and register a new User. (Please note that currently the applictaion does not provided any pre-defined user. Earlier there was a pre-defined user named "Admin")
Goals and Roadmap
Overall Project Goals
- Web app for Social Networking for soclialize your goals and strategies.
- A reference web app for ASP.NET MVC 5 and EF 6 Code First.
- Improve developer productivity for building web apps on the Microsoft Web stack.
- Reference app for building Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Domain-Driven Design (DDD).
- Mobilize an existing app for solving the mobility challenges.
- Build a full-fledged social networking app with enhanced UI and new features.
- Mobilize the existing app
- Provide an API for Mobility, by using ASP.NET Web API 2.
- Build Mobile Backend as a Service (MBaaS) solution on the Windows Azure for the mobile apps.