A simple Python console utility to generate functional dependencies and projections for sets of them. Done to assist work for CSC343 Fall 2014.
Can do the following:
- Load multiple sets of FDs
- Generate the closure of a subset of attributes within a set of FDs
- Generate all closures of a list of attributes within a set of FDs
- Infer the FDs of a closure within a set of FDs and an attribute subset
- Get the projection of a set of FDs onto an attribute subset
- Output the results to a file or to the commandline
Anyone is free to use it for any purpose and is free to improve it.