Get started with the Mashape PHP Library!
What is the Mashape PHP Library?
- It's a dead simple PHP framework for generating RESTful APIs
- It supports everything from custom routes to custom errors, following the DRY (Don't Repeat Yourself) principle: reuse your existing code.
- It fully integrates with Mashape: distribute your APIs, get traction and make money!
What is Mashape?
- Mashape is the marketplace for Cloud APIs (mashape.com)
- Developers can easily distribute and consume any kind of API
- It's free
- Easily create a beautiful RESTful API just focusing on your service's business logic
- It supports GET - POST - PUT - DELETE methods
- Custom routes for your API methods. For example:
- Create custom errors in a standard way
- DRY principle - Reuse your existing code (models, controllers, etc)
- Ready to use with Mashape:
- Get distribution and make your API viral into the marketplace
- Add-ons for your API, like the billing, the API requests limit, etc.
- Auto-generated client libraries (PHP, Ruby, Python, Java, Objective-C) to make your API easier to consume, getting more traction