MAMP Launcher is a simple Mac application which allows you to control your MAMP server from a simple GUI.
I decided to create this app to avoid using Terminal to start/stop my server, after I had set up one using MacPorts. Even though it is still in development, it works but requires a server (Apache/MySQL/PHP) installed through MacPorts; more info later.
Set Up MAMP Launcher
- Download the latest code version from the repository (using the Download Source button or your preferred command-line tool).
- If you have to, extract the archive.
- Open the project using Xcode and compile it (tested with Xcode 4.6.3).
- Locate the .app file in Finder and copy it in your Applications folder to start using it.
The license for this source code is included in the Source Code License file.
For warranties and other info about this code, read that license file.
Icon file courtesy of Web Design Library.
- Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or later (because of graceful command for Apache)
- MAMP server installed using MacPorts (located in /opt/local)
- Apache 2
- MySQL 5.5.x
- PHP 5.4.x
- phpMyAdmin (optional)
As I said before, this app is for everyone who set up a MAMP server through MacPorts since it allows not to use Terminal to start and stop it (it's my first Mac app).
I'm working on a preferences system so Apache and MySQL start/stop commands can be set to provide support for other kind of MAMP installation, e.g. without MacPorts.
I also want to improve how the app checks if Apache or MySQL daemons are running.
Version 0.1 @ June 29th, 2013
- Initial release: there is so much to work on and to be improved… However, this is my contribute to Objective-C Hackathon
Matteo Del Vecchio