You can seen my progress on this page: https://matthijskamstra.github.io/creative-coding/.
But if you don't want to see animations, and mouse interactions: I have created a gallery document.
This is not my first attempt, so if you want to check out my previous attempt: http://matthijskamstra.github.io/gen-art/. This attempt was to create pattern in
It's good to set some goals when working on something
- get started with creative-coding
- work on it for 30 days (30 days challenge)
- Instagram as primary way of distribution my sketches (social platform)
- connect twitter via IFTTT and Instagram
- create my own CC (creative coding) library based upon other artist work
- create 30 animation/images that have a creative source
- some sketches are just trying out code
- after 30 sketches (animation/visuals), I will focus less on this magical number and focus on sketches with sound/video/api/
- split code up (cc-sketch)
- have a talk about my experience
- get better at it (daily goal)
check my todo from some indepth todo's about this experiment
After reading the article of George Gally it got me thinking. Yes, I liked the way Flash worked as well. And all the stuff that Flash can do, modern browsers can do as wel.
So why not give it a try...
I want to create mostly in black and white. But colours will be nice (sometimes... occasionally). To make sure it will not cost too much time, I will be using:
- heavy lifting with colours I will be doing via
- ColorUtil class
- predifined set of color pallets from Colour lovers: https://github.com/mattdesl/nice-color-palettes
This is Haxe specific, it's just here FYI
-lib hxquicksettings -lib thx.color -lib hxColorToolkit -lib msignal -lib mloader -lib uglifyjs
and my own lib
I am only focusing on getting it to work on Chrome... just giving you a heads-up! And I am not concerned with optimisation: you fan will sometimes spike! Perhaps also useful to know: resizing might have unexpected results... also not really focussing on
I have created a TODO.MD, that keeps me in my IDE and helps structure progress.
- start lib
- add animation engine
- create navigation for sketches