SC2 Pay is an add-on library for SteemConnect V2 to provide a more integrated and seamless STEEM or SBD payment experience for third-party sites and services built on the Steem blockchain.
Currently the process for making STEEM or SBD payments on third-party websites using the SteemConnect V2 library is a little disjointed since it takes the user away from the original site to complete the purchase. They then have to go back to the original site and sometimes wait and/or refresh the page to see if the payment has gone through.
The SC2 Pay plugin allows the payment process to be handled in a popup window without leaving the original site, and providing a client-side callback method when the transaction has been completed so that the website can automatically refresh and show the purchase as soon as it is completed.
HTML Page Setup
The SC2 Pay library requires the following dependencies:
Include all of the required libraries in the element of your HTML page as shown below:
<!-- Steem JS Library --> <script src="https://cdn.steemjs.com/lib/latest/steem.min.js"></script> <!-- SteemConnect V2 JS Library --> <script src="https://steemit.github.io/example-steemconnect-angular/sc2.min.js"></script> <!-- SC2 Pay JS Library --> <script src="sc2-pay.min.js"></script>
// Process payment using SteemConnect sc2_pay.requestPayment(title, to_account, amount, currency, memo, callback); // Process payment using Vessel sc2_pay.requestPaymentVessel(title, to_account, amount, currency, memo, callback);
- title: The title text shown on the modal payment dialog.
- to_account: The name of the Steem account to which the payment should be sent.
- amount: The amount of STEEM or SBD to be paid, this should be a number and not contain the currency name.
- currency: The payment currency. Valid values are 'STEEM' or 'SBD'.
- memo: The memo to be included with the payment transaction. This should be something that allows your application to uniquely identify this purchase.
- callback: This function will be called when the payment is completed or cancelled. On successful payment it will be passed a single parameter which will be a JSON object containing the Steem transaction details.