What is MaxCoin?
An alternative cryptocurrency disrupting the already rather disrupting crypto market.
- ~100,000,000 coins
- 16 coins rewarded per block, halving every 4 years
- 60 second block times
- difficulty retargeting using a time-warp resistant implementation of KGW
Notable differences from Bitcoin
- replacement of ECDSA with Schnorr signing
- use of secp256r1 curve over secp256k1
- requirement for public key when verifying transactions
Modifications to the RPC API
- makekeypair [hex-encoded prefix]
Additional technical details can be found in the Wiki.
Forked from Bitcoin reference wallet 0.8.5 and Blakecoin
MaxCoin is released under the terms of the MIT license. See
COPYING for more
information or see http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT.