Basecamp's API access is disabled by default on their accounts. You will have to go to the account page and enable it.
- From the dashboard, click the "Account (Upgrade/Invoices)" tab in the right hand side.
- Scroll down to the Basecamp API section. (It should be near the bottom, second-to-last.)
- Enable it. Once it's enabled, you'll see: "The API is currently enabled for this account."
It is recommended that you use the authentication token instead of a username and password to authenticate with basecamp. The token can be found from the "My Info" link at the top right hand corner next to the "Sign out" link.
At the bottom of that page is the "Authentication tokens" section. Click on the "Show your tokens" link for your API token. It's the first one.
Initialize the basecamp ticketmaster instance using a token or username and password:
basecamp = TicketMaster.new(:basecamp, :domain => 'yourdomain.basecamphq.com', :token => 'abc000...') basecamp = TicketMaster.new(:basecamp, :domain => 'yourdomain.basecamphq.com', :username => 'you', :password => 'pass')
projects = basecamp.projects project = basecamp.project(id)
Since basecamp does not have the conventional "tickets", ticketmaster-basecamp considers a TodoItem as a ticket, but will prepend the TodoList's title to the TodoItem's title. tickets = project.tickets ticket = project.ticket(<todoitem_id>)
comments = ticket.comments
For more usage information, see ticketmaster. This provider should implement all the ticketmaster functionality. If it does not, please notify us.
Thanks for using ticketmaster!
Note on Patches/Pull Requests
- Fork the project.
- Make your feature addition or bug fix.
- Add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Commit, do not mess with rakefile, version, or history. (if you want to have your own version, that is fine but bump version in a commit by itself I can ignore when I pull)
- Send me a pull request. Bonus points for topic branches.
Copyright (c) 2010 HybridGroup. See LICENSE for details.