Restatic - A Boring Open Source GUI for Restic
Restatic is an open source Linux / Windows GUI for Restic. It's currently in very early alpha status.
- Encrypted, deduplicated and compressed backups.
- Works with any local or remote Restic repo.
- Add SSH keys and initialize repos directly from the GUI.
- Repo keys are securely stored in KWallet.
- Mount existing archives via FUSE.
- Manage multiple backup profiles with different source folders, destinations and settings.
- Prune and check backups periodically.
- Flexible scheduling for automatic background backups.
- View a list of archives and action logs.
- Exclude options/patterns.
Installation and Download
Restatic should work on all platforms that support Qt and Restic.
Linux / Windows
First install Restic and its dependencies.
Please make shure that the restic binary has been added to your path.
Then install Restatic from Pypi:
$ git clone https://github.com/Mebus/restatic $ cd restatic $ pip install .
After installation run it with the
Debugging and Bugs
Please report any errors you may encounter by opening an issue on Github. Please include steps to reproduce and all logging output. Logs can be found in these folders:
Install the environment in development/editable mode while in the repo:
mkdir venv virtualenv-3 venv source venv/bin/activate pip install -r requirements-dev.txt pip install -e .
Then run as Python script:
$ python src/restatic
Install developer packages we use (pytest, tox, pyinstaller):
pip install -r requirements-dev.txt
Qt Creator is used to edit views. Install from their site or using Homebrew and then open the .ui files in
Testing (work in progress)
Tests are in the folder
/tests. Testing happens at the level of UI components. Calls to
restic are mocked and can be replaced with some example json-output. To run tests:
$ pytest --forked $ pytest --flake8