What is it?
Hermione.js is a “browser test runner based on mocha and wdio”. It opens a desired browser and performs actions defined in the test suites. Tests run in parallel so the waiting process is short. Hermione has very feature-rich API to cover all your needs.
But what’s most important for us - we may take a reference screenshot of a page and then compare this screenshot each time we make a change in UI to make sure that we touched only what was intended.
A quick demo
Blog post with tutorial
How to run the project
- npm i
- npm i -g hermione
- Install https://www.npmjs.com/package/selenium-standalone
- selenium-standalone start
- npm install -g hermione
- npm install html-reporter
- Update ref images with "npm run hermione-update-refs"
- Run tests with "npm run hermione"