A public dsapi / imgapi server
to publish datasets and images for SmartOS
The primary goal here is it to use the server with
imgadm on SmartOS. The API is functional for that purpose and every aspect of the official API that is not needed for
imgadm has second priority.
Version 0.6.2 is tested with
imgadm on platform 20140111T020931Z.
Differences from the official dsapi
- all images on the server are public and can be downloaded by everyone
- maybe not all API methods are implemented
- definitely the upload machanism is different
Why did we build this?
there is already the official repository for datasets so this one is useless
NO - ever tried to publish own images onto the official server? The community builds datasets from time to time and it's a bummer that those are not usable by a larger group of the community
- Cleaner / easier upload mechanism
- ACL for images
0.6.4: changes to the syncer to accept a provider tag from dsapi sources 0.6.2: make code repository public
Changes from earlier versions (0.1.x)
- rewritten in Go
- no database server anymore: all action saved in plain files
- added export possibility: download a tarball of an image to