A tool for computing alpha, the fraction of nucleotide substitutions in a given genomic region that were driven to fixation by positive selection.
Citation: B.C. Haller, P.W. Messer. (2017). asymptoticMK: A web-based tool for the asymptotic McDonald–Kreitman test. G3: Genes, Genomes, Genetics 7(5), 1569–1575.
http://benhaller.com/messerlab/asymptoticMK.html. This source repository is intended for users who wish to run asymptoticMK on their local machine, or wish to modify asymptoticMK for their own use.A web version of this software is available at
- asymptoticMK_local.R : an R script for running asymptoticMK locally
- asymptoticMK_run.html.R : the web-based version, using FastRWeb
- asymptoticMK.html : the HTML splash page for the web-based version
- LICENSE : the full GNU GPL v.3 license for asymptoticMK
- README.md : this readme file
- sample_polymorphism_levels.txt : a sample Drosophila dataset (use with d=59570, d0=159058)
- simulate_alpha.slim : a SLIM model to generate simulated data for testing asymptoticMK
Copyright (c) 2017 Philipp Messer. All rights reserved.
asymptoticMK is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
asymptoticMK is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with asymptoticMK. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
Development & Feedback
If you have feedback or feature requests, or if you are interested in contributing to asymptoticMK, please contact Philipp Messer at email@example.com. Please note that Philipp is also looking for graduate students and postdocs.