NBitcoin is the most complete Bitcoin library for the .NET platform. It implements all most relevant Bitcoin Improvement Proposals (BIPs). It provides also low level access to Bitcoin primitives so you can easily build your application on top of it. Join us on our gitter chat room. It works on Windows, Mac and Linux with Xamarin, .NET Core or CLR. (Porting to Unity should not be that hard if you need it)
The best documentation available is our eBook, and the excellent unit tests. There is also some more resources below.
How to use ?
With nuget :
Go on the nuget website for more information.
The packages supports:
- With full features, Windows Desktop applications, Mono Desktop applications, and plateform supported at .NET Standard 1.3 (.NET Core, Xamarin IOS, Xamarin Android, UWP).
- With limited features, plateform supported at .NET Standard 1.1 (Windows Phone, Windows 8.0 apps).
To compile it by yourself, you can git clone, open the project and hit the compile button on visual studio. How to get started ? Check out this article on CodeProject for some basic Bitcoin operations, or this Introduction to NBitcoin video.
NBitcoin notably includes:
- A TransactionBuilder supporting Stealth, Open Asset, and all standard transactions
- Full script evaluation and parsing
- A RPC Client
- A Rest Client
- A SPV Wallet implementation with sample
- The parsing of standard scripts and creation of custom ones
- The serialization of blocks, transactions and script
- The signing and verification with private keys (with support for compact signatures) for proving ownership
- Bloom filters and partial merkle trees
- Segregated Witness (BIP 141, BIP 143, BIP 144)
- Mnemonic code for generating deterministic keys (BIP 39), credits to Thasshiznets
- Hierarchical Deterministic Wallets (BIP 32)
- Payment Protocol (BIP 70)
- Payment URLs (BIP 21,BIP 72)
- Two-Factor keys (BIP 38)
- Stealth Addresses (Also on codeproject)
NBitcoin is inspired by Bitcoin Core code but provides a simpler object oriented API (e.g., new Key().PubKey.Address.ToString() to generate a key and get the associated address). It relies on BountyCastle cryptography library instead of OpenSSL, yet replicates OpenSSL bugs to guarantee compatibility. NBitcoin also ports the integrality of Bitcoin Core unit tests with their original data in order to validate the compatibility of the two implementations.
NBitcoin license is MIT and we encourage you to use it to explore, learn, debug, play, share and create software for Bitcoin and with other Metaco services.
Useful doc :
NBitcoin Github : https://github.com/NicolasDorier/NBitcoin
NBitcoin Nuget : https://www.nuget.org/packages/NBitcoin/
Stealth Payment, and BIP38 : http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/775226/NBitcoin-Cryptography-Part
How to build transaction : http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/835098/NBitcoin-Build-Them-All
Using the NBitcoin Indexer : http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/819567/NBitcoin-Indexer-A-scalable-and-fault-tolerant-blo
How to Scan the blockchain : http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/784519/NBitcoin-How-to-scan-the-Blockchain (You can dismissthe ScanState for that, now I concentrate on the indexer)
Please, use github issues for questions or feedback. For confidential requests or specific demands, contact us on Metaco support.
Useful link for a free IDE :
Visual Studio Community Edition : https://www.visualstudio.com/products/visual-studio-community-vs