An FPGA implementation of Arkanoid by Ace, ElectronAsh, enforcer831 and Kitrinx
- Modelling done at the chip level to match PCB behavior and logic as closely as possible
- Mouse and keyboard controls
- T80s CPU by Daniel Wallner with fixes by MikeJ, Sorgelig, and others
- YM2149 core with volume table mixing by MikeJ for accurate mixing down to the PCB's audio distortion
a.arkanoid.rom in the root of your SD card.
- The game contains an MC68705 MCU which is currently not implemented
- The required ROMs have a few bugs that the included IPS patch aims to correct, however, the difficulty settings have no effect, so the game is always on Hard difficulty
- Analog output is limited to native resolution and timings (240p at 59.18Hz)
- Resolution is incorrectly reported as 9x225 or 10x225
Building the ROM
No ROMs are included. In order to use this arcade core, you need to provide the correct ROM files.
- Place BAT file, IPS patch, flips.exe and 7za.exe from releases folder into a folder.
- Execute BAT file - the names of the required ZIP files will be displayed.
- Locate the previously-mentioned ZIP files. You need to find the exact files required. Do not rename other ZIP files even if they also represent the same game - they are not compatible! The ZIP file names are taken from the M.A.M.E. project, so you can get more info about hashes and contained files there.
- Place the required ZIP files into the same folder and execute the BAT file again.
- If no errors or warnings occur, a ROM file will be created in the folder.
- Place the ROM file into root of SD card.