Hi! I'm a set of Sass files called
THUNDERSCORES meant to be used within the _s WordPress starter theme, but you could easily repurpose it for pretty much whatever you want.
- Sass files are treated as components. This makes them more flexible and maintainable. This structure also happens to work well within a JS application by mirroring your JS components.
- Component-specific mixins, functions, and variable files are grouped within each components.
- There are a few global mixins and variables available, but they are limited for now. Most mixins should be paired with the component it effects.
- Thunderscores has some generated editor styles! Time-saver.
- Licensed under GPLv2 or later. :) Use it to make something cool.
The simplest way to get going is to download
th_s from Github. Then head over to http://underscores.me to generate your
_s-based theme. Follow these steps to combine them:
- Move the contents of
th_sinto yout newly generated theme directory.
- Then, update the comment block in
style.scssto reflect your new theme.
- You can process the files using your favorite compiler. Grunt is already set up and ready to go. I have included instructions for use in the next section.
- Update or delete this README.
Make sure you have node.js and npm installed. Here's a handy installer for Windows, Mac, and Linux: http://nodejs.org/download/
Once that has installed, you'll need to install the node dependencies. Run this from your theme folder:
grunt to start watching and compiling your CSS files.
Now you're ready to go! The next step is easy to say, but harder to do: make an awesome WordPress theme. :)