Laptop is a script to set up a Mac OS X laptop for Rails / Node.js development.
- Install a C compiler, such as GCC, LLVM, or Clang.
- Set zsh as your login shell.
To change your login shell run this from a Terminal:
chsh -s /bin/zsh
Run the script:
zsh < <(curl -s https://raw.github.com/MichaelMartinez/laptop/master/mac)
What it sets up
- Ack for finding things in files
- Bundler gem for managing Ruby libraries
- AppFog gem for managing deployed applications
- Oh-My-Zsh for zsh awesomeness
- Homebrew for managing operating system libraries
- Ruby 1.9.3-p125 stable for writing general-purpose code
- RVM for managing versions of the Ruby programming language
- SSH public key for authenticating with Github and Heroku
- Tmux for saving project state and switching between projects
It should take less than 30 minutes to install (depends on your machine).