Deploy Django Project with Fabric
- First, create an YAML file similar to sample_config.yaml and fill the configuration details.
- Next, create a
fabfile.pyin your project directory and import all functions(fab commands/tasks) from django_spanner.
- Finally, call setup() function with your configuration yaml file path.
Here is an example fabfile -
# fabfile.py from django_spanner.commands import * setup("fabconfig.yaml")
- To list all the fab commands:
- To install the requirements on your local system, you can run the command as follows
fab run_local activate_env_install_requirements (or) fab activate_env_install_requirements
- To run a command on staging/live host,
fab [run_local/run_stage/run_live] <command_name>
By default, all the functions will run on the local system.