Switchtec Management CLI and Library
The code hosted here provides an easy to use CLI and C library for communicating with Microsemi's Switchtec management interface. It utilizes the switchtec kernel module which, with luck, will be upstream for 4.11. Otherwise it can be obtained from the switchtec-kernel github repository and compiled for other supported kernels.
Currently the following features are supported:
- Show status for each port on all partitions
- Measure bandwidth and latency for each port
- Display and wait on event occurrances
- Setup and show event counters for various types of events
- Dump firmware logs
- Send a hard reset command to the switch
- Update and readback firmware as well as display image version and CRC info
- A simple ncurses GUI that shows salient information for the switch
- Display and configure manufacturing settings
Detailed documentation for the project can be found on the Github Pages site.
This program has an optional build dependencies on the following libraries:
- libncurses5-dev (without it, 'switchtec gui' will not work)
- libssl-dev (without it, some of the commands in 'switchtec mfg' will not work)
Installation is simple, with:
./configure make sudo make install
Building on Windows
MSYS2 should be used to build switchtec-user on windows seeing it provides a reasonably compatible compiler. (Visual C++ still is missing full support of C99.) To setup an environment:
- Install MSYS2 by following the instructions at: http://www.msys2.org/
- In an MSYS2 shell, run the following:
pacman -S --needed base-devel mingw-w64-i686-toolchain mingw-w64-x86_64-toolchain git
- Close the MSYS2 shell, open an MINGW64 shell, checkout the project and follow the above installation instructions as usual.