What is Pssdiag/Sqldiag Manager?
Pssdiag/Sqldiag Manager is a graphic interface that provides customization capabilities to collect data for SQL Server using sqldiag collector engine. The data collected can be used by SQL Nexus tool which help you troubleshoot SQL Server performance problems. This is the same tool Microsoft SQL Server support engineers use to for data collection to troubleshoot customer's performance problems.
This version support SQL Server 2016 as well previous versions More in wiki...
- Diag Manager requirements
- Windows 7 or Windows 10 (32 or 64 bit)
- .NET 4.5
- Data collection
- The collector can only run on a machine that has SQL Server with targeted version (either client tools only or full version) installed
Download it from release tab or Click here to download. Source files are also included in the release tab.
[see known issues wiki](Known Issues)
How to use DiagManager
How it works
This tool lets you customize what you want to collect and then let you create a data collection package. You extract the package and run SQLdiag data collector engine on the SQL Server you are troubleshooting.
- **Powerful data collection capabilities: ** The tool relies on SQLdiag collector engine to provide collection of perfmon, profiler trace, msinfo32, errorlogs, Windows event logs, TSQL script output and registry exports.
- Default templates/scenarios : You can choose SQL Server version and platform (32 bit or 64 bit). The tool will automatically choose a default template for the combination. This will have default set of perfmon counters, profiler traces.
- Shipped with ready to use Custom collectors : Most commonly used custom collectorsinclude SQL Server 2005, 2008 or 2008 R2 performance collector.
- **Customization/Extensibility: ** You can customize what perfmon and profiler trace events you want to collect. Additionally, you can create your own custom collectors with TSQL Scripts, batch files and utilities. See customization guide.
- Packaging: With a single click of save, the tool will package all your files into a single cab so that you can ship to the machine where you intend to run on.
- Integration with SQL Nexus : The custom collectors shipped will collect data that can be analyzed by SQL Nexus Tool.
- Gettting Started: This page tells you how to use the tool including installation, configuration and running the tool
- Customization guide: This page tells you how you can create you own custom collector to use in addition to default collectors shipped.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ): This page will answer most commonly asked questions.
- Common Issues: this page will document most commonly encoutered issues and errors