In this release:
- Added support for TLS 1.2 (as TLS 1.0 is being retired).
- Added support for GitHub Gists.
- Added support for personal access tokens as passwords with GitHub.
- Updated co-installed version of Git for Windows to v2.15.0
- Cleaned and hardened the interaction with the Windows Credential Manager.
To install the Git Credential Manager, download and double-click the
GCMW-1.14.0.exe installer. It is that easy, it will even install Git for Windows 2.15.0) and the Microsoft .Net Framework for you if necessary.
For non-installation or custom installation needs, download the
gcmw-v1.12.0.zip archive and expand its contents. Use the included
install.cmd or options provided via
git-credential-manager install to complete setup.