Operations Management Suite Agent for Linux (2018-05)
Welcome to the OMS Agent for Linux! The OMS Agent for Linux enables rich and real-time analytics for operational data (Syslog, Performance, Alerts, Inventory) from Linux servers, Docker Containers and monitoring tools like Nagios, Zabbix and System Center.
Quick Install guide
Run the following commands to download the omsagent, validate the checksum, and install+onboard the agent. Commands are for 64-bit. The Workspace ID and Primary Key can be found inside the OMS Portal under Settings in the connected sources tab.
$> wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Microsoft/OMS-Agent-for-Linux/master/installer/scripts/onboard_agent.sh && sh onboard_agent.sh -w <YOUR OMS WORKSPACE ID> -s <YOUR OMS WORKSPACE PRIMARY KEY>
Azure Install guide
If you are an Azure customer, we have an Azure VM Extension that allows you to onboard with a couple of clicks.
We love feedback! Whether it be good, bad or indifferent, it really helps us build a better product for you. There are a few different routes to give feedback:
- UserVoice: Post ideas for new OMS features to work on here
- Monthly survey: if you are an OMS customer, you know we send out a survey every month asking our customers about the features we’re working on next.
- Elite Linux customer panel: If you are a die-hard OMS Linux user and want to join our weekly calls and talk directly to the product team apply through this survey.
Supported Linux Operating Systems
- Amazon Linux 2012.09 --> 2017 (x86/x64)
- CentOS Linux 5,6, and 7 (x86/x64)
- Oracle Linux 5,6, and 7 (x86/x64)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5,6 and 7 (x86/x64)
- Debian GNU/Linux 6, 7, 8, and 9 (x86/x64)
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, 14.04 LTS, 16.04 LTS (x86/x64)
- SUSE Linux Enteprise Server 11 and 12 (x86/x64)