Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Release notes for PTVS 2.2
We're pleased to announce the release of Python Tools 2.2 for Visual Studio.
Python Tools for Visual Studio (PTVS) is an open-source plug-in for Visual Studio which supports programming with the Python language. It lets you bring your own Python interpreter, including CPython, IronPython, PyPy, and more, and supports a broad range of features from editing with IntelliSense to interactive debugging, profiling, interactive REPLs with support for IPython, cross-platform and cross-language debugging support, and deployment to Microsoft Azure.
We also have a Sample Pack containing extra templates for Django, Flask and Bottle web sites, PyKinect for using Kinect for Windows, and PyVot for interacting with Excel. Our Machine Learning Pack contains some samples for the scikit-learn library and Python code generation for Azure Machine Learning web services.
|Python Tools for VS 2015||MSI||6744KB|
|Python Tools for VS 2013||MSI||6480KB|
|Machine Learning Pack||VSIX||105KB|
PTVS 2.2 requires one of the following versions of Visual Studio:
- Visual Studio 2015 Community or higher, Express for Desktop or Express for Web
- Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition
- Visual Studio 2013 Express for Desktop or Express for Web (with Update 2 or later)
- Visual Studio 2013 Professional or higher
You will also need to install one or more Python interpreters. See our help page for assistance choosing a version of Python if you do not already have one.
New Features for 2.2
These features are new for PTVS 2.2:
- Visual Studio 2015 support
- Improved Python environments window
- Automatic code suggestions as you type
- Code snippets
- Improved code outlining
- Debugger autos window
- Hit count breakpoints
- Task comments
- Set environment variables in project settings
- Support for Python 3.5 and new async/await syntax
Along with many bug fixes and smaller feature enhancements.
- #523 Invalid digital signature on VSIX in VS 2015
- #597 Extract Method does not appear on the editor context menu
- #598 Start with/without debugging fails if Solution Explorer has never been opened
plt.show()puts image in following prompt
Your feedback and suggestions are much appreciated. To report issues or to review the complete list of known issues for this release, please visit our issues page.
The WFastCgi tool for hosting Python websites on servers running IIS can now be found on PyPI.
Visual Studio 2010 and 2012
PTVS 2.2 no longer works with versions of Visual Studio prior to Visual Studio 2013. If you are unable to obtain any of the editions of Visual Studio 2015 or 2013, the last release of PTVS for Visual Studio 2010 and 2012 was PTVS 2.1.1.