Parts Unlimited is an example eCommerce website site based for training purposes on the website described in chapters 31-35 of The Phoenix Project, by Gene Kim, Kevin Behr and George Spafford, © 2013 IT Revolution Press LLC, Portland, OR. Resemblance to “Project Unicorn” in the novel is intentional; resemblance to any real company is purely coincidental.
Click here for the related Parts Unlimited Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) application.
Documentation & Getting Started
To get started, please view the online documentation & hands-on labs website
- Works with Visual Studio 2015 RC
- ASP.NET 5 support for Linux and Mono
- Modern HTML5 responsive layout using bootstrap for mobile, tablet, and PC
- Includes a Dockerfile and sample publishing profile to publish to a Docker container
- Supports multiple authentication options including Azure Active Directory, Google, and Facebook
- Azure Machine Learning product recommendations based on Order History
- Designed for Azure Websites, including Testing in Production, Staging slots and environment variables for feature flags (to turn off recommendations)
- Includes Grunt tasks for publishing assets to Azure Storage for CDN ingestion for faster performance
- Entity Framework code-first using SQL Azure or an in-memory database (Mono)
- Basic administration pages to add or edit product information
- Includes Azure RM JSON templates and PowerShell automation scripts to easily build and provision your environment
Media Elements and Templates. You may copy and use images, clip art, animations, sounds, music, shapes, video clips and templates provided with the sample application and identified for such use in documents and projects that you create using the sample application. These use rights only apply to your use of the sample application and you may not redistribute such media otherwise.