Contact Panel sample
Shows how to host your app within the My People Contact Panel.
Specifically, this sample shows how to:
- Create a contact that is annotated for My People and can be pinned to the taskbar.
- Allow your app to be activated within the My People Contact Panel on the taskbar.
- Communicate information as to which contact was activated.
Note The Windows universal samples require Visual Studio 2017 to build and Windows 10 to execute.
To obtain information about Windows 10 development, go to the Windows Dev Center
To obtain information about Microsoft Visual Studio and the tools for developing Windows apps, go to Visual Studio
Client: Windows 10
Server: Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview
Phone: Windows 10
Build the sample
- If you download the samples ZIP, be sure to unzip the entire archive, not just the folder with the sample you want to build.
- Start Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 and select File > Open > Project/Solution.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+B, or select Build > Build Solution.
Run the sample
The next steps depend on whether you just want to deploy the sample or you want to both deploy and run it.
Deploying the sample
- Select Build > Deploy Solution.
Deploying and running the sample
- To debug the sample and then run it, press F5 or select Debug > Start Debugging. To run the sample without debugging, press Ctrl+F5 or selectDebug > Start Without Debugging.