Shows how to use the Magnetometer class.
Note: This sample is part of a large collection of UWP feature samples. If you are unfamiliar with Git and GitHub, you can download the entire collection as a ZIP file, but be sure to unzip everything to access shared dependencies. For more info on working with the ZIP file, the samples collection, and GitHub, see Get the UWP samples from GitHub. For more samples, see the Samples portal on the Windows Dev Center.
The sample asks you to choose an magnetometer.
After choosing your magnetometer, you can choose one of these scenarios:
- Magnetometer data events
- Poll magnetometer readings
Magnetometer Data Events
When you choose the Enable button for the Data Events option, the app begins streaming magnetometer readings in real time.
Poll Magnetometer Readings
When you choose the Enable button for the Polling option, the app will retrieve the sensor readings at a fixed interval.
Magnetometer data events batching
When you choose the Enable button for the Data Events option, the app begins streaming magnetometer readings. The readings may be delivered in batches if the device supports data batching.
Client: Windows 10 build 14295
Server: Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview
Phone: Windows 10 build 14295
Build the sample
- If you download the samples ZIP, be sure to unzip the entire archive, not just the folder with the sample you want to build.
- Start Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 and select File > Open > Project/Solution.
- Starting in the folder where you unzipped the samples, go to the Samples subfolder, then the subfolder for this specific sample, then the subfolder for your preferred language. Double-click the Visual Studio Solution (.sln) file.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+B, or select Build > Build Solution.
Run the sample
The next steps depend on whether you just want to deploy the sample or you want to both deploy and run it.
Deploying the sample
- Select Build > Deploy Solution.
Deploying and running the sample
- To debug the sample and then run it, press F5 or select Debug > Start Debugging. To run the sample without debugging, press Ctrl+F5 or selectDebug > Start Without Debugging.