Focus visuals sample
Shows how to take advantage of the new system drawn focus visuals, or to create your own custom focus visuals if the system drawn ones do not fit your needs.
Note: This sample is part of a large collection of UWP feature samples. If you are unfamiliar with Git and GitHub, you can download the entire collection as a ZIP file, but be sure to unzip everything to access shared dependencies. For more info on working with the ZIP file, the samples collection, and GitHub, see Get the UWP samples from GitHub. For more samples, see the Samples portal on the Windows Dev Center.
Specifically, this sample shows how to:
- Use the system focus visuals in custom controls: By using UseSystemFocusVisuals and the attached property Control.IsTemplateFocusTarget, you can specify which piece of your control template should draw the focus visuals.
- Create your own focus visuals: Add back the focus visual states from Windows 8.1 (included in the sample), and set UseSystemFocusVisuals to false to specify your own visuals.
Note The Windows universal samples require Visual Studio 2017 to build and Windows 10 to execute.
To obtain information about Windows 10 development, go to the Windows Dev Center
To obtain information about Microsoft Visual Studio and the tools for developing Windows apps, go to Visual Studio
Client: Windows 10
Server: Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview
Phone: Windows 10
Build the sample
- If you download the samples ZIP, be sure to unzip the entire archive, not just the folder with the sample you want to build.
- Start Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 and select File > Open > Project/Solution.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+B, or select Build > Build Solution.
Run the sample
The next steps depend on whether you just want to deploy the sample or you want to both deploy and run it.
Deploying the sample
- Select Build > Deploy Solution.
Deploying and running the sample
- To debug the sample and then run it, press F5 or select Debug > Start Debugging. To run the sample without debugging, press Ctrl+F5 or selectDebug > Start Without Debugging.