UI basics (XAML) sample
This sample shows all of the XAML controls in an interactive format.
Specifically, this sample shows how to:
- Specify XAML controls in markup: Each control page shows the markup used to create each example
- Basic layout: This sample will show all of the possible layout options for your app and allow you to interact with the panels to show how to achieve any layout you are looking for.
- Adaptive UI: In addition to showing how each control responds to different form factors, the app itself is responsive and shows various methods for achieving adaptive UI.
Note The Windows universal samples require Visual Studio 2015 to build and Windows 10 to execute.
To obtain information about Windows 10 development, go to the Windows Dev Center
To obtain information about Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 and the tools for developing Windows apps, go to Visual Studio 2015
Each control page in the application has links to the relevant MSDN documentation for that control.
Client: Windows 10
Server: Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview
Phone: Windows 10
Build the sample
- If you download the samples ZIP, be sure to unzip the entire archive, not just the folder with the sample you want to build.
- Start Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 and select File > Open > Project/Solution.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+B, or select Build > Build Solution.
Run the sample
The next steps depend on whether you just want to deploy the sample or you want to both deploy and run it.
Deploying the sample
- Select Build > Deploy Solution.
Deploying and running the sample
- To debug the sample and then run it, press F5 or select Debug > Start Debugging. To run the sample without debugging, press Ctrl+F5 or selectDebug > Start Without Debugging.