Microsoft WingTipTickets Azure Data Platform demo and hands-on-lab
Welcome to the WingTipTickets demo and hands-on-lab project.
These files comprise a hands-on-lab that demostrates a number of the Azure Data Platform services including, Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Document DB, Azure Data Factory, Power BI and Azure Search. WingTipTickets is based sample application used to selling concert tickets and uses this set of services. Installing this into you're own Azure subscription is a great way to learn about Azure and how you might build applications that consume, transform, and visualize data.
There are two Word documents, one that describes that HOL setup, and another that describes all of the scenarios that can be used as you learn about the platform.
Source-code for the application is also available in the sourcecode sub-directory
- Azure PowerShell version 3.0 or higher https://github.com/Azure/azure-powershell/releases
- SQL Server 2016 Management Studio https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt238290.aspx
- A Microsoft account http://account.live.com
- A Microsoft Azure account http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/free-trial/
- Microsoft SQL Server PowerShell tools https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52676
- GitHub client to clone this repo to you local machine so that you can install into your account using PowerShell https://desktop.github.com/
- Microsoft Power Query for Excel 2013 (optional) https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=39379
- Microsoft Visual Studio (optional) http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9832446&clcid=0x409
- Microsoft Azure .NET SDK http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads
For the installation documentation plesae see the Azure Data Services HOL configuration guide (https://github.com/Microsoft/WingTipTickets/blob/master/Azure%20Data%20Services%20HOL%20Configuration%20Guide.docx).
NOTE: Please don't use "Download ZIP" to get this repository, as it will change the line endings in the data file. Use "git clone" or the GitHub client to get a local copy of this repository.
For the demo/HOL experience please see the Azure Data Services HOL (https://github.com/Microsoft/WingTipTickets/blob/master/Azure%20Data%20Services%20HOL.docx)
For samples, please see the Powershell, WebPortal directories
Microsoft WingTipTickets Azure Data Platform demo and hands-on-lab is licensed under the MIT license. See the LICENSE file for more details.