PostgreSQL extension for Azure Data Studio (preview)
Connect, query, and manage Postgres databases with Azure Data Studio, a modern data editor available for Linux, MacOS, and Windows. This (preview) extension enables you to interact with Postgres using Azure Data Studio features like:
- Connect to Postgres anywhere
- Searchable object explorer view for database objects
- Query authoring and editing with Intellisense, syntax highlighting and code snippets
- View query results and save to csv, JSON, xml, or Excel
- Integrated terminal for Bash, PowerShell, and cmd.exe
- Go to Definition and Peek Definition for examining the DDL of objects
- Source control integration with Git
- Customize dashboards and insight widgets using SQL
- Server groups for organizing connections
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts, multi-tab support, color theme options
- Backup and Restore
See our quickstart for a step by step guide to getting started with PostgreSQL in Azure Data Studio.
The extension will download and install a required PostgreSQL Tools Service package during activation. For machines with no Internet access, you can still use the extension by choosing the
Install from VSIX... option in the Extension view and installing a bundled release from our Releases page.
Each operating system has a .vsix file with the required service included. Pick the file for your OS, download and install to get started.
We recommend you choose a full release and ignore any alpha or beta releases as these are our daily builds used in testing.
Contributing to the Extension
See the developer documentation for details on how to contribute to this extension.
Code of Conduct
The Microsoft Enterprise and Developer Privacy Statement describes the privacy statement of this software.