The Windows Calculator app is a modern Windows app written in C++ that ships pre-installed with Windows. The app provides standard, scientific, and programmer calculator functionality, as well as a set of converters between various units of measurement and currencies.
Calculator ships regularly with new features and bug fixes. You can get the latest version of Calculator in the Microsoft Store.
- Standard Calculator functionality which offers basic operations and evaluates commands immediately as they are entered.
- Scientific Calculator functionality which offers expanded operations and evaluates commands using order of operations.
- Programmer Calculator functionality which offers common mathematical operations for developers including conversion between common bases.
- Date Calculation functionality which offers the difference between two dates, as well as the ability to add/subtract years, months and/or days to/from a given input date.
- Calculation history and memory capabilities.
- Conversion between many units of measurement.
- Currency conversion based on data retrieved from Bing.
- Infinite precision for basic arithmetic operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division) so that calculations never lose precision.
Your computer must be running Windows 10, version 1803 or newer.
Install the latest version of Visual Studio (the free community edition is sufficient).
- Install the "Universal Windows Platform Development" workload.
- Install the optional "C++ Universal Windows Platform tools" component.
- Install the latest Windows 10 SDK.
Install the XAML Styler Visual Studio extension.
Get the code:
git clone https://github.com/Microsoft/calculator.git
Open src\Calculator.sln in Visual Studio to build and run the Calculator app.
For a general description of the Calculator project architecture see ApplicationArchitecture.md.
Want to contribute? The team encourages community feedback and contributions. Please follow our contributing guidelines.
For information regarding Windows Calculator plans and release schedule, please see the Windows Calculator Roadmap.
Data / Telemetry
This project collects usage data and sends it to Microsoft to help improve our products and services.
Read our privacy statement to learn more.
Telemetry is disabled in development builds by default, and can be enabled with the
Windows Calculator includes a currency converter feature that uses mock data in developer builds. The data that Microsoft uses for the currency converter feature (e.g., in the retail version of the application) is not licensed for your use. The mock data will be clearly identifiable as it references planets instead of countries, and remains static regardless of selected inputs.
Reporting Security Issues
Security issues and bugs should be reported privately, via email, to the Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC) at <email@example.com>. You should receive a response within 24 hours. If for some reason you do not, please follow up via email to ensure we received your original message. Further information, including the MSRC PGP key, can be found in the Security TechCenter.
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Licensed under the MIT License.