Clarity provides you all these insights by:
- Observing content layout, viewport, and user's interactions with the page
- Inspecting network requests on the page
- Logging the information by sending JSON objects to a specified endpoint
Clarity is a project in active development. While it's not yet ready for production use, we continue making improvements and encourage the community to join us in the process!
Here are some example sessions on popular websites visualized to demonstrate the telemetry captured:
- Enable a generic solution that is able to capture telemetry from third-party web-sites
- Encourage participation from open-source community
- Minimal configuration required by third party web-sites to get started
- Mobile first
Clarity handles sensitive data with care. By default content on the page is masked before upload, so no actual text from the page is sent to the server. All data collection is performed solely with the purpose of providing better insights into customers' pages interactions and improving their users' experiences.
If you haven't already done so, start contributing by following instructions in CONTRIBUTING.md.