healthvault-ios-sdk is an iOS framework you can use to build applications that leverage the Microsoft HealthVault platform. healthvault-ios-sdk is actively used by the Microsoft HealthVault for iPhone app.
- Handling of user authentication and secure credential storage.
- Serialization/Deserialization of all HeathVault data types.
- Caching and offline support for HealthVault Thing types.
The example project demonstrates how to:
- Authenticate with HealthVault.
- View, create, update and delete most core HealthVault types, including blood pressure, medication, conditions, procedures, immunizations, blood glucose, exercise and diet.
- manage files - view, download and upload files in HealthVault.
- De-authorize your application from HealthVault.
The healthvault-ios-sdk is available through CocoaPods. To install it, simply add the following line to your Podfile:
If offline support and caching for HealthVault Thing types is not needed, you can install just the 'Core' subspec. This will remove the dependencies on EncryptedCoreData and SQLCipher.
Add this line to your Cartfile:
and then follow the steps described in the Carthage documentation.
Registering your applications
All applications must be registered with the HealthVault Application Configuration Center (ACC) before they can connect to the service. During registration, the ACC will request that you upload an appropriate certificate which will be used subsequently to secure communications between your app and the service. For more information on how to obtain an appropriate certificate, please see Creating Key Pairs.
Contributions to the healthvault-ios-sdk are welcome. Here is how you can contribute: