Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
🎵Note: This documentation is outdated at this point, especially when using the Node tools in Visual Studio 2017. We're working on update docs, and will redirect you to those when they're ready.
- NTVS Installation
- Install Node.js and get started with NTVS
- Tutorials and Walkthroughs
- NTVS Overview video - fast-paced overview of NTVS with @DinoViehland (outdated, but still good)
- Node.js and NTVS Walkthrough (Channel 9) - discussion and walkthrough of Node.js/NTVS with @mousetraps
- Tutorial: Build a Node.js powered chatroom web app in NTVS with Rami Sayar
See "Features in-Depth" below for more information on TypeScript support, running Grunt on build, deploying to Azure, and other NTVS features.
- Contributing to NTVS
- Build Instructions for NTVS
- Running Our Tests
- Manual Test Matrix
- Microsoft Internal Contributor Docs
- IntelliSense and Editing
- npm Integration
- Interactive Window (REPL)
- Azure Website using Web Deploy
- Azure Website using Git Deploy
- Azure Cloud Service - Web Role and Worker Role
- Test Explorer
- Pre and Post Build Actions (running grunt on build)
- Package IntelliSense
- Web Essentials (includes jslint and jshint support)
- Task Runner Explorer (for grunt and gulp)
- Minimal Visual Studio settings - a set of extensions and settings to make VS feel more minimal.
- Npm Task Runner - Task runner for npm scripts.