Rate My App
The Rate My App component is used to create prompts that appear at set intervals and allow the user to provide feedback and rate the application in the Windows Phone Store.
By default, when the application with Rate My App component is started for the 5th time, a dialog for reviewing the app is shown to the user. If the user declines to review the app, she will be given the option to provide direct feedback to the developer. On the 10th run of the app, if a review was not already collected, the user will be prompted one more time to rate the app. The interval of showing the dialogs, as well as the precise textual content of the dialogs can be configured to better suit your needs.
This solution consists of Rate My App component and several demo applications demonstrating how Rate My App component can be integrated to various kinds of Windows Phone applications like XAML, Panorama, XAML/XNA, XAML/Direct3D apps.
This solution is hosted in GitHub: https://github.com/Microsoft/rate-my-app
Rate My App component is also available through NuGet Package Manager. Search NuGet repositories for "RateMyApp", install it on your application, and follow the instructions in Rate My App Guide to easily integrate review and feedback functionality to your app.
Developed with Microsoft Visual Studio Express for Windows Phone 2012.
- Windows Phone 7.1
- Windows Phone 8
Tested to work on:
- Nokia Lumia 925
Make sure you have the following installed:
- Windows 8
- Windows Phone SDK (min. WP 7.1)
To build and run the sample:
- Open the SLN file
- File > Open Project, select the file RateMyApp.sln
- Right-click RateMyXamlAppWP8 in the Solution Explorer and select "Set as
- Select the target 'Emulator WXGA'.
- Press F5 to build the project and run it on the Windows Phone Emulator.
To deploy the sample on Windows Phone 8 device:
- See the official documentation for deploying and testing applications on Windows Phone devices at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsphone/develop/ff402565(v=vs.105).aspx
More detailed information can be found in the RateMyAppGuide.pdf doc.
For brief overview info on Rate My App solution you may also wish to check the documentation at Lumia Developer's Library
About the implementation
|/||Contains the project file, the license information and this file (README.md)|
|RateMyApp||Root folder for the implementation files of RateMyApp component.|
|RateMyApp/Controls||FeedbackOverlay user control of RateMyApp component.|
|RateMyApp/Helpers||Helper classes for RateMyApp component.|
|RateMyApp/Properties||RateMyApp component properties.|
|RateMyApp/Resources||RateMyApp component localization resources.|
|RateMyAppDemos||Root folder for the demo applications using RateMyApp component.|
|RateMyAppDemos/WP7||Root folder for WP7 demo applications.|
|RateMyAppDemos/WP7/RateMyXamlAppWP7||Root folder for RateMyXamlAppWP7 application.|
|RateMyAppDemos/WP7/RateMyXamlXnaApp||Root folder for RateMyXamlXnaApp application.|
|RateMyAppDemos/WP8||Root folder for WP8 demo applications.|
|RateMyAppDemos/WP8/RateMyDirect3DApp||Root folder for RateMyDirect3DApp application.|
|RateMyAppDemos/WP8/RateMyPanoramaApp||Root folder for RateMyPanoramaApp application.|
|RateMyAppDemos/WP8/RateMyXamlAppWP8||Root folder for RateMyXamlAppWP8 application.|
|FeedbackOverlay.xaml||Rating/Feedback dialog user control.|
|FeedbackOverlay.xaml.cs||Code behind file for Rating/Feedback dialog user control.|
|FeedbackHelper.cs||Helper class to control FeedbackOverlay behaviour.|
|StorageHelper.cs||Helper class to handle RateMyApp component settings.|
|MainPage.xaml||Page that contains FeedbackOverlay control.|
|MainPage.xaml.cs||Handles ApplicationBar visibility.|
|FeedbackOverlay||The user control to access RateMyApp functionality.|
In v1.0 the component includes strings localized in the following languages: Arabic, German, English US, English UK, Spanish, Finnish, French, Hebrew, Croatian, Hungarian, Italian, Lithuanian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese BR, Portuguese PT, Romanian, Slovenian and Chinese Simplified.
You are welcome to contribute your own translations (or improve the existing ones) at http://www.getlocalization.com/ratemyapp/
No known issues.
See the license text file delivered with this project: https://github.com/Microsoft/rate-my-app/blob/master/License.txt
|Rate My App||v1.1||rate-my-app-1.1.zip|
|Rate My App||v1.0||rate-my-app-1.0.zip|
- Added support for new languages: Russian, Swedish, Norwegian, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Updated translations to their latest version
- All supported languages are now specified using the cultures documented at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsphone/develop/hh202918(v=vs.105).aspx, i.e. "fi-FI" instead of "fi".
- New public method Review() in FeedbackHelper, which allows developers to initiate the review operation "any time", while still making sure that the Rate My App component’s state is also updated in order to prevent superfluous review prompts.
- Windows Phone 8 XAML demo app's About page provides "any time" review option
- New VisibilityForDesign property in FeedbackOverlay, which can be set to “Visible” if you want to see component’s overlay in the UI designer.
v1.0 First public release of the current implementation. You can find an earlier version of the project at http://developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/File:WP8_Rate_My_App_Flow.zip