SQL Operations Studio
SQL Operations Studio is a data management tool that enables you to work with SQL Server, Azure SQL DB and SQL DW from Windows, macOS and Linux.
Download SQL Operations Studio August Public Preview
|Windows Setup Installer||https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2013365|
Go to our download page for more specific instructions.
Try out the latest insiders build from
master at https://github.com/Microsoft/sqlopsstudio/releases.
See the change log for additional details of what's in this release.
- Cross-Platform DB management for Windows, macOS and Linux with simple XCopy deployment
- SQL Server Connection Management with Connection Dialog, Server Groups, Azure Integration and Registered Servers
- Object Explorer supporting schema browsing and contextual command execution
- T-SQL Query Editor with advanced coding features such as autosuggestions, error diagnostics, tooltips, formatting and peek definition
- Query Results Viewer with advanced data grid supporting large result sets, export to JSON\CSV\Excel, query plan and charting
- Management Dashboard supporting customizable widgets with drill-through actionable insights
- Visual Data Editor that enables direct row insertion, update and deletion into tables
- Backup and Restore dialogs that enables advanced customization and remote filesystem browsing, configured tasks can be executed or scripted
- Task History window to view current task execution status, completion results with error messages and task T-SQL scripting
- Scripting support to generate CREATE, SELECT, ALTER and DROP statements for database objects
- Workspaces with full Git integration and Find In Files support to managing T-SQL script libraries
- Modern light-weight shell with theming, user settings, full screen support, integrated terminal and numerous other features
Here's some of these features in action.
If you are interested in fixing issues and contributing directly to the code base, please see the document How to Contribute, which covers the following:
- How to build and run from source
- The development workflow, including debugging and running tests
- Submitting pull requests
SQL Operations Studio localization is now open for community contributions. You can contribute to localization for both software and docs. https://aka.ms/SQLOpsStudioLoc
Localization is now opened for 10 languages: French, Italian, German, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, and Portuguese (Brazil). Help us make SQL Operations Studio available in your language!
The Microsoft Enterprise and Developer Privacy Statement describes the privacy statement of this software.
Contributions and "thank you"
We would like to thank all our users who raised issues, and in particular the following users who helped contribute fixes:
Added more saveAsCsv options #2099
Fixes a typo: Mimunum -> Minimum #1994
Fixed bug where proper file extension wasn't appended to filename. #2151
Added functionality for adding any file to import wizard #2329
Fixed background issue when copying a chart to clipboard #2215
Fixed problem where vertical charts didn't display labels correctly. #2263
Fixed Initial values for charts to match visuals #2266
Renamed chart option labels #2264
Added feature for opening file after exporting to CSV/XLS/JSON & query files #2216
Get Connection String should copy to clipboard #2175
Fix for double clicking column handle in results table #1504
- westerncj for
Removed duplicate contribution from README.md (#753)
- ntovas for
Fix for duplicate extensions shown in "Save File" dialog. (#779)
- SebastianPfliegel for
Add cursor snippet (#475)
- mikaoelitiana for fix:
revert README and CONTRIBUTING after last VSCode merge (#574)
- alextercete for
Reinstate menu item to install from VSIX (#682)
- alextercete for
Fix "No extension gallery service configured" error (#427)
- mwiedemeyer for
Fix #58: Default sort order for DB size widget (#111)
- AlexTroshkin for
Show disconnect in context menu only when connectionProfile connected (#150)
- AlexTroshkin for
Fix #138: Invalid syntax color highlighting (identity not highlighting) (#140))
- stebet for
Fix #153: Fixing sql snippets that failed on a DB with case-sensitive collation. (#152)
Remove sqlExtensionHelp (#312)
- olljanat for
Implemented npm version check (#314)
- Adam Mechanic for helping with the
- All community localization contributors
- French: Adrien Clerbois, ANAS BELABBES, Antoine Griffard, Arian Papillon, Eric Macarez, Eric Van Thorre, Jérémy LANDON, Matthias GROSPERRIN, Maxime COQUEREL, Olivier Guinart, thierry DEMAN-BARCELÒ, Thomas Potier
- Italian: Aldo Donetti, Alessandro Alpi, Andrea Dottor, Bruni Luca, Gianluca Hotz, Luca Nardi, Luigi Bruno, Marco Dal Pino, Mirco Vanini, Pasquale Ceglie, Riccardo Cappello, Sergio Govoni, Stefano Demiliani
- German: Anna Henke-Gunvaldson, Ben Weissman, David Ullmer, J.M. ., Kai Modo, Konstantin Staschill, Kostja Klein, Lennart Trunk, Markus Ehrenmüller-Jensen, Mascha Kroenlein, Matthias Knoll, Mourad Louha, Thomas Hütter, Wolfgang Straßer
- Spanish: Alberto Poblacion, Andy Gonzalez, Carlos Mendible, Christian Araujo, Daniel D, Eickhel Mendoza, Ernesto Cardenas, Ivan Toledo Ivanovic, Fran Diaz, JESUS GIL, Jorge Serrano Pérez, José Saturnino Pimentel Juárez, Mauricio Hidalgo, Pablo Iglesias, Rikhardo Estrada Rdez, Thierry DEMAN, YOLANDA CUESTA ALTIERI
- Japanese: Fujio Kojima, Kazushi KAMEGAWA, Masayoshi Yamada, Masayuki Ozawa , Seiji Momoto, Takashi Kanai, Takayoshi Tanaka, Yoshihisa Ozaki, 庄垣内治
- Chinese (simplified): DAN YE, Joel Yang, Lynne Dong, Ryan（Yu） Zhang, Sheng Jiang, Wei Zhang, Zhiliang Xu
- Chinese (Traditional): Bruce Chen, Chiayi Yen, Kevin Yang, Winnie Lin, 保哥 Will, 謝政廷
- Korean: Do-Kyun Kim, Evelyn Kim, Helen Jung, Hong Jmee, jeongwoo choi, Jun Hyoung Lee, Jungsun Kim정선, Justin Yoo, Kavrith mucha, Kiwoong Youm, MinGyu Ju, MVP_JUNO BEA, Sejun Kim, SOONMAN KWON, sung man ko, Yeongrak Choi, younggun kim, Youngjae Kim, 소영 이
- Russian: Andrey Veselov, Anton Fontanov, Anton Savin, Elena Ostrovskaia, Igor Babichev, Maxim Zelensky, Rodion Fedechkin, Tasha T, Vladimir Zyryanov
- Portuguese Brazil: Daniel de Sousa, Diogo Duarte, Douglas Correa, Douglas Eccker, José Emanuel Mendes, Marcelo Fernandes, Marcondes Alexandre, Roberto Fonseca, Rodrigo Crespi
And of course we'd like to thank the authors of all upstream dependencies. Please see a full list in the ThirdPartyNotices.txt
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Licensed under the Source EULA.