Please use the new Webview API instead:
- Guide: https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/extensions/webview
- Sample: https://github.com/Microsoft/vscode-extension-samples/tree/master/webview-sample
CSS Properties Preview Sample
This is an sample extension that illustrates the use of virtual documents or
TextDocumentContentProviders together with the
It is not intended as a product quality extension.
The purpose of the extension is to show a preview of the properties in the declaration block of a CSS rule. To play with the extension:
- Open a CSS file
Show CSS Properties Preview
- Position the cursor inside the declaration block of the rule
- The properties are rendered in the preview
- Edit the properties and the preview is updated
How it works
- The extension implements and registers a
TextDocumentContentProviderfor a particular URI scheme.
- The content provider creates a HTML document that contains the declaration block of the selected CSS rule in the active editor.
- The generated HTML document contains a link that invokes a contributed command to highlight the CSS rule in the source editor
- The generated HTML document is then opened in an editor in the 2nd Column using the command
How to run locally
npm run compileto start the compiler in watch mode
- open this folder in VS Code and press