Views & View Containers
This sample shows how to register and implement a custom tree view using the VS Code API. It has implementation for following views
- Node dependencies view
- Json Outline view
- Ftp file explorer view
These views help you in understanding how to use TreeView API, title actions, inline actions, context menu actions and how to use
when context to show views and actions.
You can also learn how to contribute custom view containers and contribute views to it. For eg., Node dependencies view is shown under a Package Explorer custom view container.
Running the example
- Open this example in VS Code Insiders
npm run watch
F5to start debugging
- FTP file explorer view should be shown in Explorer
- File explorer view replicating the file explorer in VS Code should be shown in Explorer
- Json Outline view is shown in explorer when you open a json file and gets hidden when json file is closed.
- Node dependencies view is shown in Package explorer view container in Activity bar.