Review and manage your GitHub pull requests directly in VS Code
This extension allows you to review and manage GitHub pull requests in Visual Studio Code. The support includes:
- Authenticating and connecting VS Code to GitHub.
- Listing and browsing PRs from within VS Code.
- Reviewing PRs from within VS Code with in-editor commenting.
- Validating PRs from within VS Code with easy checkouts.
- Terminal integration that enables UI and CLIs to co-exist.
It's easy to get started with GitHub Pull Requests for Visual Studio Code. Simply follow these steps to get started.
- Make sure you have VSCode version 1.27.0 or higher.
- Download the extension from the marketplace.
- Reload VS Code after the installation (click the reload button next to the extension).
- Open your desired GitHub repository.
- Go to the SCM Viewlet, and you should see the
GitHub Pull Requeststreeview. On the first load, it will appear collapsed at the bottom of the viewlet.
- A notification should appear asking you to sign in to GitHub; follow the directions to authenticate.
- You should be good to go!
This extension is still in development, so please refer to our issue tracker for known issues, and please contribute with additional information if you encounter an issue yourself.
Questions? Authentication? GitHub Enterprise?
See our wiki for our FAQ.
If you're interested in contributing, or want to explore the source code of this extension yourself, see our contributing guide, which includes: