Quickstart: create an AI project from Azure Marchine Learning Gallery in Visual Studio Code
Exploring project samples
Visual Studio Code Tools for AI comes with a Sample Explorer via integration with Azure Machine Learning. The Sample Explorer makes it easy to discover samples and try them with only a few clicks.
[!TIP] You will need Azure Machine Learning Workbench to be installed. See instructions at How to install Azure Machine Learning Workbench
To open the explorer, do as follow:
- Open the command palette (View > Command Palette or Ctrl+Shift+P).
- Enter "ML Sample".
- You get a recommendation for "AI: Open Azure ML Sample Explorer", select it and press enter.
Creating a new project from the sample explorer
You can browse different samples and get more information about them. Let's browse until finding the "Classifying Iris" sample.
To create a new project based on this sample do the following:
- Click install button on the project sample, notice the commands being prompted, walking you through the steps of creating a new project.
- Enter a name for the project, for example "Iris".
- Select an account
- Select a workspace
- Select a project folder to create your project
The project will then be created in the specified folder.
[!TIP] You will need to be logged-in to access your Azure resource.
Login to access Azure ML resource
To login , please right click the "Azure ML" node in AI EXPLORER and click "AI: Azure ML - Login" to start. You can also execute command "AI: Azure - Login" in Command Palette.
Then please follow the instructions on screen to finish login process.
- Azure device login
- Set subscription
[!TIP] You will need to finish the login process within 300 seconds.