This example application demonstrates how to build custom user interface controls for Windows Phone using Microsoft Silverlight.
This example application is hosted in GitHub: https://github.com/Microsoft/weekly-planner-wp
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Express for Windows Phone
- Microsoft Visual Studio Express for Windows Phone 2012.
- Windows Phone 7
- Windows Phone 8
Tested to work on:
- Nokia Lumia 820
- Nokia Lumia 920
Make sure you have the following installed:
- Windows 8
- Windows Phone SDK 8.0
- Latest NuGet Package Manager (>2.7.1) from https://nuget.org/ to enable NuGet Package Restore
To build and run the sample:
- Open the SLN file
- File > Open Project, select the file wpweeklyplanner.sln
- Depending on whether you want to run the WP7 or WP8 version of the application, select either wprestaurantapp_WP7 or wprestaurantapp_WP8 as a StartUp Project.
- Select the target, for example 'Emulator WVGA'.
- Press F5 to build the project and run it on the Windows Phone Emulator.
To deploy the sample on Windows Phone device:
- See the official documentation for deploying and testing applications on Windows Phone devices at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsphone/develop/ff402565(v=vs.105).aspx
About the implementation
|/||Contains the project file, the license information and this file (README.md)|
|wpweeklyplanner_WP7||Root folder for the WP7 implementation files.|
|wpweeklyplanner_WP8||Root folder for the WP8 implementation files.|
|wpweeklyplanner_WP7/Properties||WP7 Application property files.|
|wpweeklyplanner_WP7/SampleData||Application sample data.|
|wpweeklyplanner_WP7/Themes||Application specific theming.|
|wpweeklyplanner_WP7/ViewModels||ViewModels of the application.|
|wpweeklyplanner_WP8/Properties||WP8 Application property files.|
|MainPage.xaml.cs||Class responsible for displaying the pivot view of the application.|
|WeeklyGrid.cs||Custom control based on System.Windows.Controls.Control. Describes the view of a single day.|
|EventViewModel.cs||View model class describing a single event saved by the user.|
|MainViewModel.cs||View model class responsible for loading event data from disk and maintaining clipboard.|
|WeeklyEvent.cs||Custom control based on System.Windows.Controls.Button that visualises a single event saved by the user in the grid of a single day.|
No known issues.
See the license file delivered with this project. The license is also available online at https://github.com/Microsoft/weekly-planner-wp/blob/master/License.txt
- 1.3.0 Add support for 720p resolution and NuGet package restore.
- 1.2.0 Bug fixes and changes based on reviews
- 1.1.0 Bug fixes and changes based on reviews; published on the Nokia Developer website.
- 1.0.1 Support for Windows Phone OS version 7.1
- 1.0.0 First version.