Visual Studio Live Share Docs & Feedback
Visual Studio Live Share
Enabling developers to achieve greater confidence at speed by streamlining collaboration in real-time during development.
While the initial focus of Visual Studio Live Share is real-time collaborative development of Node.js and ASP.NET/ASP.NET Core based web applications and services, many features are broadly available and more will be coming in the future. It is currently in a limited, private preview.
- Start a collaboration session (after you've been accepted into the preview)
- Join a collaboration session (no need to sign up or be accepted in the preview)
- Getting started and managing collaboration sessions
- Visual Studio enabled features
- Visual Studio Code enabled features
- Summary of language and platform support
- Visual Studio Code: VS Live Share from Across the World
- 8 Hour ASP.NET Core Workshop (@csharpfritz pairs with other developers via Live Share)
Download and install Visual Studio Live Share
Visual Studio 2017 Preview
1. Install the latest VS 2017 Preview (15.6 Preview 3+) on Windows (7, 8.1, or 10).
2. Install a supported workload. e.g. ASP.NET, .NET Core, and/or Node.js
3. Download and install the Visual Studio Live Share extension from the marketplace.
Visual Studio Code
1. Install Visual Studio Code (1.20.0+) for Windows (7, 8.1, or 10) or macOS (Sierra & up).
2. Download and install the Visual Studio Live Share extension from the marketplace.
3. Installation can take a moment, so wait for the install to complete and then reload.
Contributing & Feedback
Have a question or feedback? There are many ways to contribute.
- Up-vote a feature or request a new one
- Report a problem
- Shoot us a mail with suggestions or questions
- Jump into our Gitter channel to chat with the team
- Hit us up on Twitter using #vsliveshare!
License for documentation:
Copyright © Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved. Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License (International): https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalcode