Dockerfile for Alpine Linux based machine for building bare-metal Cortex-Mx applications with LLVM This Dockerfile was made as a part of the following tutorial: https://mightydevices.com/index.php/2019/09/building-bare-metal-stm32l4-firmware-using-clang-llvm/
How to use this in the build process
- Open a terminal (console).
- Build the image from the Dockerfile provided:
docker build -t llvm-arm-none-eabi .
- Start this image in the background (detached mode) with the directory sharing:
docker run --name llvm-arm-none-eabi-container --rm -v absolute/path/to/your/project/:/share -d -it llvm-arm-none-eabi sh
- Every time you want to build your project then from the console or the IDE issue the following command:
docker exec llvm-arm-none-eabi-container sh -c "cd /share && make"
- After your done you can stop the container by issuing:
docker stop llvm-arm-none-eabi-container