Tiny app is a link shortner, a user can input a long, hard to type link, and the user is given a simple 6 character link (for example: website.com/123456) that they can share. Tiny app is very focused on backend, the backend is built with node and express, including ejs and cookies.
What Tiny app looks like
- Page where users can view their urls
- Page where users can add urls
- Page where users can view a specific url and edit it
Dependencies used in this project
- run "npm install" to download all dependencies
- start the server using "node express_server.js"
- shorten long urls
- urls now will indicate date created, how many times the short url has been accesed, and how many unique users(for logged in users only)
Things to note
- since the site is not currently hosted on a short domain, the short url will consist of http://localhost:3000 + short link