Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.

Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account

Save Enhancements #27

Closed
madmod opened this Issue Oct 20, 2011 · 14 comments

Comments

Projects
None yet
3 participants

madmod commented Oct 20, 2011

A save hotkey would be nice. Also the option to overwrite without prompting, e.g. save vs save as functionality in a text editor.

Owner

MikeRatcliffe commented Oct 21, 2011

Sounds like a good idea ... to be honest I am surprised that we have not yet added this.

madmod commented Oct 21, 2011

On 10/21/2011 9:39 AM, Mike Ratcliffe wrote:

Sounds like a good idea ... to be honest I am surprised that we have not yet added this.

I tried to add it myself but didnt have the time to find where the logic
was. If you want I can make a fork if you can point me in the right
direction.

nightwing added a commit that referenced this issue Oct 22, 2011

Collaborator

nightwing commented Oct 22, 2011

to be honest I am surprised that we have not yet added this.

@MikeRatcliffe he-he someone was saying I really don't think we need a "save", "save as" is plenty here :)
but that was in january

@madmod just commited fix for this bug 69ab8ac, i assume you figured out how to use development version and can test it
if no i can make a test build for you

probably acebug needs to automatically save contents of console when closing (if no file is loaded) as well

madmod commented Oct 24, 2011

On 10/22/2011 8:31 AM, Harutyun Amirjanyan wrote:

to be honest I am surprised that we have not yet added this.
@MikeRatcliffe he-he someone was saying I really don't think we need a "save", "save as" is plenty here :)
but that was in january

@madmod just commited fix for this bug 69ab8ac, i assume you figured out how to use development version and can test it
if no i can make a test build for you

probably acebug needs to automatically save contents of console when closing (if no file is loaded) as well

I tried to make a package of the devel branch of acebug from
https://github.com/MikeRatcliffe/Acebug/tree/devel using the
instructions on Mozilla's site here
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Building_an_Extension#Package but got
an error in Firefox 7.0.1 using nightly tester tools to force addon
compatibility saying that the extension was corrupt. I'd love to test it
if you could get me a build.

Collaborator

nightwing commented Oct 24, 2011

compatibility saying that the extension was corrupt
strange. was install.rdf in the top level of your .xpi?

build is here https://github.com/downloads/nightwing/Acebug/Acebug.xpi

but if you want to hack on the code its better to follow this page
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Setting_up_extension_development_environment#Custom_code_location
and load extension directly from the folder without .xpi

madmod commented Oct 24, 2011

On 10/24/2011 9:50 AM, Harutyun Amirjanyan wrote:

compatibility saying that the extension was corrupt
strange. was install.rdf in the top level of your .xpi?

build is here https://github.com/downloads/nightwing/Acebug/Acebug.xpi

but if you want to hack on the code its better to follow this page
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Setting_up_extension_development_environment#Custom_code_location
and load extension directly from the folder without .xpi

It looks like the Save As button does the same thing as the Save button.
(Steps taken are 1. open browser with firebug loaded, 2. load file, 3.
Save As) Also a save hotkey would be really nice as I do most of my
development with Acebug and would love to be able to make some keyboard
macros for it with Auto Hotkey. Thanks for the awesome support.

Collaborator

nightwing commented Oct 24, 2011

somehow forgot about hotkey, thanks for reminding
i've updated the build and both problems should be fixed now.

Thanks for the awesome support.

we just love 5star reviews :-)

Thanks for your help.

madmod commented Oct 24, 2011

On 10/24/2011 10:51 AM, Harutyun Amirjanyan wrote:

somehow forgot about hotkey, thanks for reminding
i've updated the build and both problems should be fixed now.

Thanks for the awesome support.
we just love 5star reviews :-)

Thanks for your help.

After loading the latest build in firefox 7.0.1 I get an un themed white
background (looks like it forgot my prefs) and none of the buttons work
and i cant type in it. Ill keep testing the last working version though.

madmod commented Oct 24, 2011

On 10/24/2011 10:51 AM, Harutyun Amirjanyan wrote:

somehow forgot about hotkey, thanks for reminding
i've updated the build and both problems should be fixed now.

Thanks for the awesome support.
we just love 5star reviews :-)

Thanks for your help.

Just tried to downgrade to the previous devel build (3304ef1) and got
the same problem. The problem went away after installing 1.8.1 from
Mozilla's site.

Collaborator

nightwing commented Oct 24, 2011

strange.
it works for me with bot ff5+firebug1.8, and nightly+firebug1.9a
sometimes, when installing addons not from Mozilla's site, addonManager doesn't cleanup caches properly, maybe that's the issue?
can you try again?

btw. white background means ace wasn't loaded at all, it can't change your preferences.

madmod commented Oct 24, 2011

On 10/24/2011 1:38 PM, Harutyun Amirjanyan wrote:

strange.
it works for me with bot ff5+firebug1.8, and nightly+firebug1.9a
sometimes, when installing addons not from Mozilla's site, addonManager doesn't cleanup caches properly, maybe that's the issue?
can you try again?

btw. white background means ace wasn't loaded at all, it can't change your preferences.

I created a new profile and installed firebug 1.8b1 with the latest
Acebug from the master branch with the same result.

Collaborator

nightwing commented Oct 26, 2011

hi
sorry for late response,

Acebug from the master branch with the same result

if you installed it as unpacked addon, it might be problem with submodule.
anyway i've removed submodule and updated version of ace
can you test latest from master or
https://github.com/downloads/nightwing/Acebug/Acebug2.xpi

and if those don't work either do you see any errors in firefox error console?

madmod commented Oct 26, 2011

On 10/25/2011 11:05 PM, Harutyun Amirjanyan wrote:

hi
sorry for late response,

Acebug from the master branch with the same result
if you installed it as unpacked addon, it might be problem with submodule.
anyway i've removed submodule and updated version of ace
can you test latest from master or
https://github.com/downloads/nightwing/Acebug/Acebug2.xpi

and if those don't work either do you see any errors in firefox error console?

Key shortcuts and buttons work perfectly. One possible change is that
the Save As button behaves more like a Save As Copy button in that if I
change the file name in the Save As dialog and then use the Save button
or hotkey it overwrites the original file, not the renamed version. This
is my preffered functionality but it may lead some to overwrite files
unintentionally. To make this more clear you could rename the option to
Save As Copy, or if you feel like going the extra mile implementing a
Save As functionality in addition to Save As Copy.

Collaborator

nightwing commented Nov 3, 2011

fixed in ea12ff7
all of save, save As, save a Copy As work

@nightwing nightwing closed this Nov 3, 2011

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment