This sample provides a version of the Ionic Starter Template for SideMenu that works with Visual Studio Tools for Apache Cordova, Android, iOS, and Windows targets.
This sample is based on the original Ionic sample at https://github.com/driftyco/ionic-starter-sidemenu
Some changes were made to support Windows targets. For info on changes made to the project to support Windows, see this article on Getting started with Ionic.
Note: In VS 2015 RC/RTM, project structure is updated for compatibility with 3rd party tools and CLIs. If you need to migrate an older version of an app based on this template to VS 2015 RTM, see this article on migration.
Running The App
After you finish downloading and installing VS Tools for Apache Cordova (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=524433), open up the project in Visual Studio.
- 11/11/15: Updated for Cordova 5.3.3
- 05/04/15: Project structure updated for VS 2015 RC. This makes the project interoperable with the Ionic CLI.
- When debugger is attached on Windows targets, you can get a WWAHost.exe runtime error in some cases when you navigate between pages.
Issue is currently under investigation.
- When you start the app, close the DOM Explorer window before you hit the error. This will allow you to debug by hitting breakpoints, viewing the call stack, etc. Or:
- When targeting Win/WinPhone, use Start without Debugging (Alt+F5)
- The Android 4.3 browser has some known limitations, and so the sample may not work perfectly on such devices
By downloading and running this project, you agree to the license terms of the third party application software, Microsoft products, and components to be installed.
The third party software and products are provided to you by third parties. You are responsible for reading and accepting the relevant license terms for all software that will be installed. Microsoft grants you no rights to third party software.
- AngularJS License (https://github.com/angular/angular.js/blob/master/LICENSE)
- winstore-jscompat.js License (https://github.com/MSOpenTech/winstore-jscompat/blob/master/License.txt)
The MIT License (MIT) Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.