Please see the VaultAPI page for information on developing with Vault's API. In the past you would use the same artifact as servers installed, but the API has now been split from the main project and is under a different artifact name. Please make sure you accomodate for this change in your build process.
Installing Vault is as simple as copying the provided "Vault.jar" to your "/plugins" directory and the rest is automatic! If you wish to perform configuration changes, this can be done via a configuration file but should not be necessary in most cases. See the "Advanced Configuration" section for more information.
I have no preference which library suits your plugin and development efforts best. Really, I thought a central suite (rather...Vault) of solutions was the the proper avenue than focusing on a single category of plugin. That's where the idea for Vault came into play.
So, what features do I think you'll like the most?
- No need to include my source code in your plugin All of Vault is run in its own plugin, so all you need to do is obtain an instance of it! This simplifies issues with multiple plugins using the same namespaces. Just simply add Vault.jar to your download zip file!
- Broad range of supported plugins I wanted an abstraction layer not only for Economic plugins but also Permission plugins as well. The future will likely add more, but what types, I have yet to decide, let me know!
- Choice! That's half the fun of Bukkit, we get to choose what to use! More choice has never hurt developers so here's to choice!
- Determines if a player should recieve the update notices
Copyright (C) 2011 Morgan Humes firstname.lastname@example.org
Vault is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
Vault is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Lesser General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License along with Vault. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
Vault comes with all libraries needed to build from the current branch and also comes with an Apache Ant build file (build.xml).
Because Vault provides a bridge to other plugins, their binaries will be required to build from. To ease this, they have been included in the lib folder and will be updated from time to time. For plugin developers, it is not necessary to use these libraries when implementing Vault. You will only need to compile against Vault.
Vault provides abstraction for the following categories and plugins. If you have your own plugin that you believe should be supported, fork Vault or create a patch with the necessary changes. Additionally you can create an issue on Github and we'll get to it at our convenience.
- 3co (http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/22461/)
- BOSEconomy 6 (http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/19025/)
- BOSEconomy 7
- CommandsEX Economy (http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/commandsex/)
- CraftConomy2 (http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/craftconomy/)
- CraftConomy3 (http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/craftconomy/)
- CurrencyCore (http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/currency/)
- EconXP (http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/econxp/)
- Essentials Economy (http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/15312/)
- eWallet (http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/ewallet/)
- iConomy 4 (http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/40/)
- iConomy 5 (http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/40/)
- iConomy 6 (http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/40/)
- MineConomy (http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/mineconomy/)
- bPermissions 2 (http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/bpermissions/)
- Group Manager (Essentials) (http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/15312/)
- Permissions 3 (http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/18430/)
- Permissions Ex (http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/18140/)
- SuperPerms (Bukkit's default)
- TotalPermissions (http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-mods/totalpermissions)
- Group Manager (Essentials)