Factorio Text To Speech
- 3 modes:
- Preview: Preview a sentence in-game (audible only to player)
- Global Chat: Play and post speech in in-game chat (audible to all players)
- Blueprint Generation: Create a blueprint of the input sentence
- Recognizes 134,000 words
- Can synthesize custom words by phonemes should the dictionary not recognize it
- Two voices:
- Male voice
- HL1 VOX (Half Life 1 facility computer voice) The text to speech mod converts input text to a blueprint which uses custom speaker sounds to synthesize speech.
- (Old but relevant-pre v0.1.0): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RPOTj4Ysrg
- (Old but relevant-pre v0.1.0): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y875JPsUVJg
How to synthesize custom words (Excluding HL1 VOX)
You can create a custom word by writing a sequence of phonemes (39 phonemes defined by CMU Pronouncing Dictionary) each separated by a whitespace and encapsulated with square brackets, e.g. "[F AE K T AO R IY OW] is pretty neat" would pronounce the sentence: "Factorio is pretty neat".
The 39 phonemes supported are:
AA, AE, AH, AO, AW, AY, B, CH, D, DH, EH, ER, EY, F, G, HH, IH, IY, JH, K, L, M, N, NG, OW, OY, P, R, S, SH, T, TH, UH, UW, V, W, Y, Z, ZH